From: Zoltan Kuthy [mailto:zol@foxinternet.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 4:39 PM
To: BRENT CHRISTENSEN
Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: driving to rio (little vanagon = content)

I often think of driving down to Chile and than = visiting the other places around.  But I never heard of the = Darian  Gap.  It sounds like the problem old Cecil  = Rhodes faced when he tried to build a railway from Cape  Town to = Cairo.  It still not possible to travel that route by rail or by = road.  Could you tell us about this "Gap".  I even = heard that a bunch of Vanagons and Westies are planning to go to Terra = del Fuego this year.  How will they fare if there is a Gap? =

Zoltan
BRENT CHRISTENSEN wrote:

Check out http://www.vanagon.com/journeys/caravana/
Maybe you can join them.
BTW - due to the Darian Gap, you cannot *Drive* all = the way down.  You have to have the car shipped a portion of the = way.  (There are no drivable roads for a portion in south america) =

Good luck - sounds like quite an adventure!
Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA