From: Lee Wood
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, = 2000 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: seat covers

At 2/22/00, Todd Kaderabek <todd@LARKBOOKS.COM> = wrote:
Are there front seat covers made for Westfalias?  Rear seat covers?
Expensive?

Thanks for = all the help.

Todd,

I reupholstered my '81 Westy = camper a couple of years ago, front buckets and rear bench. Sewfine had just = come out with their Vanagon kits. You can find them advertised in any of the VW-oriented magazines.

I called them and they sent their = catalog and fabric swatches. They didn't have kits for the rear bench seat (don't = know if they do now), but they gladly sold me extra yardage in the same fabric = I selected for the front buckets. If you can wrap a Christmas package = neatly and operate a home sewing machine, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, a = local upholstery shop will sew the few seams necessary and you can pull them = on and staple them up.

I'm  very pleased with the results.

Lee

=
Lee Wood