Hi, I considering a van and am = looking for any recommendations for a mechanic in Joplin, MO.  I'd like to = get oil pressure, compression pressure (diesel) and brakes checked at = least.  Any leads?

Also, the current owner thinks that the = brake master cylinder needs replacing .. If I were to buy the van I'd fly in = then be driving the van home ~700 miles .. I'm pretty good with the tools and = wondered how hard it would be to try to change the master cylinder myself before = setting off.   Is this something that can be achieved in a couple of = hours or is it a shop job.

Steve