From: Gerald Masar [mailto:azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET]<= /FONT>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 6:06 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Brake fluid overfilled

Listees,
I just brought my '90 Westy back after 3 weeks in = the shop for cylinder head
gasket replacement and some other maintenance = including flushing and
refilling the brake fluid. I checked the fluid = reservoir on top of the
instrument panel and it is way over full, right up = to the top. I plan on
siphoning some out tomorrow (with a turkey baster), = but I was wondering
what, if any, problems this might have caused or = would cause if I didn't
bring it back down to the correct level. The trip = back was over 40 miles of
twisting mountain road and everything seemed to work = okay.
As to why it took them 3 weeks, that is another = story having to do with the
mechanic not getting the push rods properly seated. = I will put it in another
msg.
Thanks,
Jerry
"To travel hopefully is a better thing = than
  to arrive." R.L. Stevenson