I need to tow a watercooled westy about = 400 miles and am trying to work out if I can get away with using the tow hitch = that comes as standard on an explorer thats rated Class II, 3500lbs (i'd just need = to screw a ball hitch into the rear bumper).   I had intended using a = tow dolly from u-haul - that weighs 750lbs which leaves 2750 for the westy - not = enough me thinks.

So, options, tow westy behine explorer = without dolly - not sure how I'd do this - any suggestions?

Use a vehicle with a class III hitch - = seems excessive though.

Anyone had any experience with towing a = westy - how did you do it?

Steve