Hi,

I own a 89 Vanagon with 1,7 l Diesel = engine, this is a very reliable and common version of a Vanagon in Germany, obviously = it is quiet different here in the US since I have severe problems to find = engine parts or those parts that are somehow related to the engine...
My actual problem is to find a = replacement for the connection between manifold and muffler. The VW part number is 033 251 = 171 c . I already tried to get this part throng a local (Austin TX) official VW = dealer. Those guys are not able to identify my engine at all, and even after I = found the part number on my own, they are still not able to order = it...
If you know a way to get that part = or further to get parts for my engine in general, I would be very happy to hear = from you. Also I would appreciate it if you would let me know, if you know someone = you know might have an idea about this issue...

Thanks a lot,

Patrick Koch