Hi Marshall,

I was also interested in this subject and did some = research.  I came across Jason McWilliams from Just Buggin in = Northern CA.  He working on a air spring design for the Vanagon = together with Air Spring.  Give him a call and I'm sure he can = answer all your questions: (530) 589-4332.  If there's anybody = else interested in this please call Jason and let him know.  The = Vanagon air spring project is low priority for him right now.  He = does the work in his spare time.  If he senses a real interest = from the Vanagon community he might speed things up a = little.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Ruskin [mailto:mruskin@PANGEA.CA]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 4:56 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Question about Air Shock Technology

Hi Volks:

Since my Westy is too tall to fit into our buildings = underground parkade, I
am interested in whether electric air shocks can be = used to change the
height.  Some questions:

1.    Do air shocks eliminate the need = for a coil spring?
2.    Can they be adjusted on a = regular (twice daily) basis without failing?
3.    Can they be used to Lower the = van below "normal" - as well as raise
it?
4.    Can they be used in a very cold = climate?

TIA

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy "Iron Igloo"
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Founding Member of "Vanagon's = Anonymous"