Well, it's been a long = time since I lived in the country. Here in SF, we have both gay (Castro) and hippy = (Haight) communities, and the distinction between a hippy and gay rainbow is = pretty clear.

Coyote

P.S.  I have the dancing bears on my = van... which are in the same colors as the gay rainbow.  Guess I'm a bit of = both.  (See W14 on this page: http://nynewmusic.co= m/deadshop/stickers.htm)

-----Original Message-----
From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Josh Monson
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 10:12 AM
To: = vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com
Subject: STICKER CHOOSING

My intentions are "all good" here.

First I would like to say that EVERYONE who has = brought up these
"sticker choosing" topics has made = very good points in that these
stickers represent = VANAGON.COM and nothing else.

I think it would only be respectful to ALL = list-members that we go with a sticker that
does only = represent our mail-listing and those of us here in this
cyber-community.

Some of us like the "dead" and some of us like Death = Metal, that is not the point.
 Nor is our = sexuality or our political views ,
 the point here = is that there should be no connection to those personal views. =
Our stickers should not portray anything that we are not, Ron = if you want to be recognized
as a gay-member of = vanagon.com then maybe you can make that rainbow sticker yourself
or if those of you who feel the dead is an important = representation of yourselves
being involved with the listing, = then GO FOR IT! ! ! I think that is great, individuality
is the essence of life.

But i think we all need to agree that these stickers = represent "THIS" community
and not other communities = with their affiliations.

I want to be able to drive down the road and know = whether or not "YOU" are
a listee or not, and if your = not then maybe you'll see my sticker and go to
the = site and join the community. I think if we affiliate these stickers with
other "communities", then some people on the = list may not want to use them
and that would be an = outright shame.

Cheers
JM