From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:Vanagon]On = Behalf
Of Dale
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2000 7:33 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Getting parts = numbers

Can anyone tell me how to go about finding the part numbers I need?
I = have an '84 Westy and am going to be looking for a bunch of parts.
Basically I am = putting a new engine, and possibly rear cv's.  Then I am
going to work = on the front end and I need driver side upper ball joint,
possibly lower = ball joint, coil spring, and possibly a stabilizer bar.  I
know this won't = be everything, but if I can first do some price comparisons
from some of = the list dealers I can then decide which project to begin with,
or have = the vw mechanic (non-dealership) do this.  He will let me purchase
the = parts and then put them on. I have a Bentley, but don't see anywhere
where = there are listed #'s for the parts.  Do I just need to get = this
information from the mechanic or is there an easier way.  I would like = to
know before signing a blank check to the mechanic.
TIA
Dale
'84 Westy