From: Tom and Dana Cates [mailto:dcates1@HOME.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 5:00 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: carpet glue

Hello,

I have a new to me set of carpet for the camper. I = got it from Chris, JordanVW@AOL.com . He sent an exceptionally nice = set, and now I want to install it.

The slovenly PO spilled battery acid all over the old = stuff, otherwise it has held up incredibly well over 17 years since it = was new. After I pressure washed the Chris Carpet, it looks brand = new.

Anyway, there looks to be a yellow glue under the = carpet, and I wonder if anyone knows what it is. I thought it might be = like 3M trim adhesive, but I do not want to use the wrong glue. Any = help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Cates
83 Westfalia "Hammurabi"