From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM [mailto:KENWILFY@AOL.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 7:49 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Van Dies, Relays clicking...

Have an '86 Vanagon in the shop right now.  = Customer has been complaining of
the van dying occasionally (sometimes after going = over bumps).  When he tries
to restart the engine turns over but won't = start.  He hears relays clicking
several times(like the two in the engine = compartment) while he is turning it
over.  Then cranks it again with no relays = clicking and the engine starts.
I am leaning toward a bad ignition switch on this = one.  Anyone ever had a
similar experience.  Engine runs pretty well = otherwise and has lots of new
parts on it (the guy was basically replacing = everything before he brought it
to me, trying to solve the problem that way).
Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
http://www.vanagain.com