Chris:

This has more to do with the spring fatigue caused by = the extra weight on the port side of the van.  Over time (at least = 9 years by now) the weight of the camper equipment (not to mention all = the stuff stuffed in there most of the time) simply compresses the = springs to a point where they fatigue and cannot return to the original = height/length.  I have even seen this in passenger cars (like = MGB's) where the driver's side is lower due to people rarely sitting in = the passenger seat.  I used to have a '69 Jeep CJ-5 that had the = gas tank under the driver's seat - it definitely listed to port as a = result of this weight & resultant spring fatigue.  (It also = discouraged smoking while driving!)

Some list members have talked about having their = springs stretched in order to restore the original ride height.  I = have to think this would be a relatively temporary solution, but then = again so would new springs, and they are a lot more = expensive...

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA