You can also change to thermostat to the low-temp = version (it think it's 80 vs. 86 degrees).  It opens up earlier = and keeps the engine cooler.  Bus Depot has them on their = site.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm Stebbins [mailto:Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA= ]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 7:35 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: Vanagons in HOT climates

I too am worried about this as I'm shipping my van to = Egypt for a job there.
One thing I will do is get a product called = "Water Wetter" from Red Line.  it is
suppose to break the surface tensions of the coolant = and make better
surface contact with the metal. check it out = at:
http://www.redlineoil.com/watrwet.htm

Also grease needle the CV joints

New fuel lines

New Redline tranny oil