recently purchased an 85'GL, = absolutely love it. The body is in excellent shape,
interior needs a little work but not = much, seats are in good shape,
dash is great, etc. . .
Then engine has 200,500 = mi on it. A week and half = after purchasing it($2000),
it started leaking lots of coolant, = took it in, heads need to be done.
Mechanic quoted $1050 for the = job.

Now i am in a bit of a financial bend = here and am looking at what will
be the most cost effective choice for = the van staying with me in the
next 5-6 years. With as many miles as = it has, 200k mi, is it better to
get the heads done for $1050 now and = risk other parts of the engine going
a little while down the line

OR

should I get the engine rebuilt now = for roughly $2500 and know that it
is solid for the next 7-8 = years???

OR

purchase a used engine with low = miles???

I have been struggling with this for 2 = weeks and could use a little
"I've been there" = advice.

thanks everyone-this list has already = been an excellent resource for me,
jm