From: Robert Lilley [mailto:Wolfvan88@AOL.COM]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 11:26 = AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: AC WARNING! Do not loose = your cool...

When I came to my van I saw a large = stain on the concrete under my head on the left side.  I thought = that the oil cooler hose had leaked (The Brazilian hose was slightly = undersized for the stock clamp and started to leaked a little) But it = was tight- no leaks.  I looked around the head and no leaks.  = Upon further investigating, I discovered oil leaking from the ac = compressor- oh no a new compressor :<( . But as I was checking for = the source of the leak I discovered that the line coming from the body = had worked itself loose and the oil leaked from the joint..  =

The hose can work itself loose causing = all the oil and refrigerant to be lost. Check the nut for tightness =

I had a warning sign, but misdiagnosed = it.  I had just replaced the valve cover after adjusting the = valves and thought it was simply leaking and spraying oil = out.

I also noticed that the AC was not as = cool as normal- thought, "It needs time to cool down."

So check to see if your line is tight. = Before you loose your cool...

I had been reading about the = retrofitting my AC...

Robert