Just pulled the heads off my Vanagon. I found out the reason the head = gasket blew is because of pitting on the heads. Now my question is since the = valves, valve springs and the rest of the cylinder head check out OK should I = just get the mating surfaces welded an machined? Has anybody ever done this = before? And what results did they have? I’ve gone this route before with other = cars, trucks, and motorcycles with good results (and cheaper then new heads). I was = just wondering if there was any reason it wouldn’t work in this = application. TIA

Ken Nelson