From: Michael Snow [mailto:mwsnow@HOME.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 5:55 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: '90 Vanagon Jump Seats and Rear = Bench/Bed

I copied the following part numbers from the dealer = microfiche:

255 887 225C - above floor mounting plate, both = sides, 2 required, $13.92
ea.
255 887 225  - below floor mounting plate, left = side, $15.46
255 887 225A - below floor mounting plate, right = side, 13.92
253 887 465  - plastic cap for seat leg = "dowels", 2 required, $2.20 ea.
255 887 401A - upper reinforcement, left side, = OBSOLETE
255 887 401  - upper reinforcement, right side, = OBSOLETE
255 887 402  - upper reinforcement, right side, = $??? PROBABLY OBSOLETE

Unfortunately, my notes fail me from here on.  = There is a bracket on the
left upper mount that I didn't get the number = for.  It is #27 on fiche.
Also some large washers (possibly plastic) #29 on = fiche.  401, 401A, 402,
and the mysterious #27 are simple pieces of angle = iron that could be
fabricated by anyone with common hand tools.  = All part numbers and prices
were obtained at a Southern California VOW = dealer.  All of the lefts and
rights apply to the parts as you look forward at the = rear of the passenger
(right side) front seat.

In a previous post, I stated that the above floor = mounting plates were flat
steel with a hole in the center.  This is = probably wrong.  My notes show a
short "pipe" protruding from the face of = both above and below floor plates.
Someone with a factory installed seat may be able to = verify how the plates
fit together.  My plan was to call someone I = know locally with a Carat and
have another look prior to installation.

I hope that this doesn't ADD to the confusion.

Mike Snow
Camp Pendleton, California
1982 Westfalia 1.6TD
1983 ASIA 1.6D

Hi Michael,
Do you have part numbers for the bottom = brackets?  I went to the dealer and
ordered all the brackets the parts guy had on his = microfiche.  But they
don't fit into each other.  I basically got two = kinds of brackets.  One has
a short round cup welded on a plate, the other one = has a longer oval shaped
cup on a steel plate.
I got the following part number:
255-887-225-C oval shape
225-887-225-A round shape