Here's some more info about the Syncro from the Quantum list.

Good luck,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: spaeth@gorge.net [mailto:spaeth@gorge.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 9:40 AM
To: Buettner, Peter
Subject: Re: FW: [syncronized] Vanagon Syncro for sale.

Thanks for forwarding that. I wrote a more complete ad afterwards I
don't know if there is anything worth adding:
My sister has an 85 or 86 (I can't remember right now) Vanagon Syncro
for sale. The plusses are a newly rebuilt tranny from German Transaxle
in Bend OR (almost $2000), a rebuilt front end, good tires, solid
straight body (small dings and dents but no collisions), starts great
runs smooth. The minus one cylinder is way down on compression. The van
runs and drives great it is just down on power. It is metallic brown
with tan interior, and comes complete with really cool or really gross
large 4x4 stickers on the side...depends on your taste. The Vanagon has
a ton of miles on it but most everything has been gone through. If they
can't get what they want they will part it out and keep the tranny for
their new Syncro but my sister would really like to see this van get
saved for another round of adventures. She would like to get $2700 obo.
It is located in Southern Washington State one hour east of Portland OR.
You can call me Craig @ 509.493.4294 or her Dotty 509.493.3335. My
e-mail is spaeth@gorge.net.
thanks,
Craig
the Gorge VW club

You don't happen to know a Suzie Buettner who lives in Seattle do you?
thanks again,
Craig