If you want to save a buck, keep the 1.9L and run it to dust!!! Then swap. But even conversions are pricey. I stongly considered such a thing. Then decided a'gin it.

Good luck.

John Rodgers
887 GL Driver

Patrick Bryson wrote:

I'm going to commit irreversible sacrilege to my '85 Westy by putting a Subaru engine where the waterboxer currently resides. 1)  I would be interested in buying a KEP conversion kit from someone who bought one and has changed their mind.  My goal is to save a buck. 2)  Once I have completed my conversion, I will have a still healthy 1.9L for sale.  It has 107K miles on it.  I bought my Vanagon 2 weeks ago from original owner.  135 on all cylinders.  Anyone want it?  What should I get for it? PatrickPhoenix, AZ'85 puke beige Westy'84 911 targa.  Beautiful Iris Blue'73 Thing.  That nasty orange color