on 4/7/00 1:30 PM, BRENT CHRISTENSEN at bchristensen@infogenesis.com wrote:=

Todd:

I also use one of those $25 (now closer to $35 I think) mini= -Webers that are rectangular and have the flip-up legs.  Nice little un= it, inexpensive, and work reasonably well.  However, after two seasons = of use, it is now getting rusty and starting to get difficult to open and cl= ose the vents, etc.  Also, the grill is *always* too close to the fire.= , and it is a bit bulky.

I think the big advantage of the Pyromid (and part of the co= st justification) is that it is heavy gauge stainless steel.  I have se= en these units, and they really are nifty.  I wish I could talk myself = into spending the $100 on one.  (funny, though, I just talked myself in= to spending $500 on shocks and $550 on tires for the Syncro)

Stuart's post actually reminded me that my birthday is comin= g up, so I added the Pyromid to my wish list (along with a carpet kit, dash = cover, Hella lights, etc. for the Syncro)  :-)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA

I definitely see the advantage of the Pyromid over the Weber, no doubt abou= t that.  However, my (round) Weber is now going on it's seventh year of= being abused, and showing little sign of wear.   And my grill is = not close to the charcoal at all, unless I go nuts and heat up 10 pounds of = charcoal, which is always a possibility after the rig is stopped and the bee= r is unstopped.  Anyway, my Weber is suiting me fine, but I too have a = gleam in my eye for something like a Pyromid.

TJK