The engine in my diesel vanagon is not original. My question is how do I know which kind of fuel injectors
are suitable ...In the parts place = catalogue I see Bosch (remanufactured) parts listed as follows...

77-80   sn1424  jetta/rabbit
81-84 sn1427  ditto
85-87 sn1426 = golf/jetta/vanagon

They then list alternative rebuilt = injectors which "will work fine in sets of four on any non-turbo vw/Audi diesel"

77-80 sn1423 jetta/rabbit
81-88 sn5817 = golf/rabbit/jetta

As I have no real way of knowing what = engine I have in the van, how do I pick the correct injectors - does it really matter = as long as they are all the same?  Is there some way of identifying what I = have in there at the moment?

Also, on the glow plug topic - how do I = identify the quick glow from the slow glow plugs? and how do I tell which relay I = have?

Thanks .. I got some great replies = to my last post.

Steve