Well, my brakes just started squealing.  I did = the fronts (and rears) a couple weekends ago, and now the fronts are = squealing pretty good when I come to a stop.  On domestic cars, I = have always used this red goop I call "gorilla snot" against = the backs of the pads to prevent squealing (got a bottle from a = mechanic friend - I have no idea what it really is).  Since I have = never heard anyone mention such a thing here, and neither does the = Bentley, I put the pads on "dry".    Now = they're squealing like a ... well you get the idea.

I installed new rotors, and cleaned everything REALLY = well with Brakleen before assembling (even wore rubber gloves), so I = don't think dirt or grease is to blame.  Any suggestions on what I = can do?  Should I use some goop on the backs of the pads?  =

I thought it was kind of weird the way that the pads = are retained with those little butterfly clips - could I have bent them = too far when I was sticking the pads in place?  The noise is = tolerable, but I'm worried that it is going to get worse, since it = hasn't gotten better after a couple of days of driving in stop n' go = traffic.

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA