Well, I have abandoned the notion of switching to = 15" wheels on the Syncro until I get an engine with more = "oomph".  As part of my therapy for dealing with the = loss of this dream, I am now entertaining thoughts of simply powder = coating my lovely "Carat" alloys to match the Syncro's Alpine = White body. (For the ultimate in "Euro-boy-racer" = looks)

I've checked with a local powder coating shop, and it = sounds like they do this all the time, and the cost is about $50 per = wheel.

Has anyone out there gone through this?  What = advice would you offer?  Were they able to match the paint, or = would you suggest a finish similar to the original silver finish?  = Any other thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed.

PS - my wheels are generally in pretty good shape, = but there is some chipped finish at the edges where wheel weights have = been mounted, and some mild discoloration from brake dust on the = fronts.

Thanks in advance,

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA