This reminds me - if anyone is in the market for new = jack stands, I just got a very nice set from Sears last weekend.  = They are "high lift" stands designed for "pickups and = SUV's"  They were on sale for $17.99 for the pair.  (MY = jaw dropped when the clerk rang them up)  They were sitting right = next to the inferior-looking Craftsman brand stands that were = $49.99.  I asked if this was a mis-mark, but he said no, that they = were on sale.

They are black with a yellow sliding piece, and use a = ratchet-type retention mechanism rather than a pin.  Very nice, = and perfect size for the Vanagon.

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA