Hi,.. I've just acquired a diesel = vanagon and it has a problem(s) with the glow plug
system.
First, the indicator lamp in the = instrument panel does not come on.
I've confirmed that I get 12V on the = glow plug bus-bar.
I've measure the resistance of each = glow plug - to earth, and they are all
open circuit.

Now, the bently book says that each = plug pulls 12A, so am I right in thinking that
each plug should have a resistance of = 1ohm? (V=IR).

It seems strange that all plugs should = be dead - is this common?

Where's the best place to buy new ones, = are they an identical part on all VW diesels
from the late 70's to early 80's?  = What's a reasonable price?

This does not explain why the dash lamp = is off - any ideas?

The glow plugs are so darn hard to = remove - do I need to remove all of the injector
pipes & assembly?  What can I = check assuming I have the injectors out - How
much for getting them tested Vs for a = new set?

Any tips welcome...

Steve