I'm no = electrical whiz, but 1 ohm of resistance sounds way too low for a glow plug.  = Try applying power to them while the engine is cold.  If you cycle them = 2-3 times the plug should be noticeably hot to the touch.  I have had horrendous meltdowns in the plastic socket that holds the control = module.  The meltdowns caused malfunctions in the rest of the system. The easiest = (maybe only) way to remove the glow plugs is to remove the fuel injector = pipes.  Check that braided return hose while you're at it.  The = dash lamp is controlled by the glow plug control module.  I can't remember = which wire it is off the top of my head (Bentley is in the van, of course).  = In one of my vans, the PO had installed "fast" plugs and kept the correct "slow" = control module.  The plugs were fried....  I buy mine at a FLAPS = (AutoZone) for $10.95.  Only buy Bosch!

Mike Snow
Camp Pendleton, California
1982 = Westfalia 1.6TD
1983 ASI 1.6D