I think there are a lot of people who prefer to use = purified water - that's why they fill from inside.  (In Mexico, = for example).

I've been contemplating a filler like you describe = (actually since you described it over a year ago, I think), but it is = rare that I fill up at a hose bib.  I usually bring a 3 gallon = poly water jug and fill up at those "Glacier" coin op water = vending machines if I can park right next to one.  When in Mexico, = I do the same thing, but there you buy from an actual shop.

Just my $0.02

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA