I think that there = already are 4 of us serious about this project.  Maybe if we have a group order of 6 = (that always seems to be the magic number), we can get him to come down.  = His rough estimate for the one unit was $300 to $400, including the mold but = he was going to have to think about hardware.  Depending on how we want = this done, I think the hardware alone could be pretty expensive.  I bet we = could get them for $200 or even $150 if a bunch of us want them.

Jeanne

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeanne Maly
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 = 1:56 PM
Subject: Lockable Cover for the = Westy Luggage Rack

I've just come from meeting with a = fiberglass fabricator with whom I discussed making a lockable lid for the luggage = rack.  Since most of the cost of this would be in the building of = the initial mold for the shell, I was wondering if anyone else would be = interested in purchasing one?

I want the leading edge of this shell = to be rounded so as to minimize wind resistance but the shell would have to = be tall enough to allow enough room for cargo, probably 10 inches = maximum.  I expect that it will be hinged in the front and accessible from inside = the van with the poptop up and the window open.

Has anybody else thought about this idea?

Jeanne
'87 Syncro Westy