Jeanne, before reading the last Digest = I received today, with all the responses, I sent you a p-mail.  = Now I'd like to add a suggestion to the whole list.  If the = container hinged in the front and opened towards the rear, it would be = easier to fill, just by standing on a stool inside the camper.  I = am still potentially interested, especially given the $300-400 price = quoted in a recent posting.  Still need to make sure my Zodiac 240 = would fit inside, and that shipping to Vancouver wouldn't be too = exhorbitant.

Kath, Rob & Vanita (87 = Westy)

  ----- Original Message = -----=20
  From: Jeanne Maly=20
  To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM=20
  Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 = 1:56 PM
  Subject: Lockable Cover for = the Westy Luggage Rack

  I've just come from meeting = with a fiberglass fabricator with whom I =
discussed making a lockable lid for = the luggage rack.  Since most of the =
cost of this would be in the building = of the initial mold for the shell, =
I was wondering if anyone else would = be interested in purchasing one?

  I want the leading edge of this = shell to be rounded so as to minimize =
wind resistance but the shell would = have to be tall enough to allow =
enough room for cargo, probably 10 = inches maximum.  I expect that it =
will be hinged in the front and = accessible from inside the van with the =
poptop up and the window open.

  Has anybody else thought about = this idea?

  Jeanne
  '87 Syncro Westy