I read with interest all the accounts of people = installing their Platinum Cat heaters in their Westies... Unfortunately, the = company has gone out of business and platinum cat heaters are no longer available.

This set me off on a search for something to use to = heat my Vanagon Westie during cold weather camping.  I have arrived at a = simple solution that should work well and require zero alteration to the westie = design. It is a catalytic heater of about 3-4000 BTU that uses the stove as it's = fuel source. It is, in essence, a sheet steel box that fits over both burners = and has catalytic material on the sloped top face and seals around the bottom = edge to trap propane and thus feed the catalytic burner. This lets you convert = your stovetop to a CO-free (carbon monoxide free) catalytic heater by = removing the wire potholder and popping this box over the burners. the unlit burners = will provide metered propane to the catalytic material and heat your bus safely!!

I am currently in touch with a manufacturer of = catalytic heaters and was wondering how much interest is there in such an item? = Please let me know and I'll keep the interested subset of listmembers informed of = the progress.
Perhaps, later, once all the bugs are worked out, = One of the suppliers for bus gear and parts might be interested in selling these. I = personally am just interested in getting a solution for *my* bus.... but = wanted to see if there are others who might have a use for this type of heater?

        =                 = Robert