HI all,
I own a '90 Vanagon GL, with 110,000+ miles. I've = recently run into some trouble. Let me break down the situation for you. In December = I replaced the plugs, wires, dist. cap, & rotor. Afterwards I = experienced a strange "pulse" power loss (almost like a miss) and the van stalled a = couple of times. Once while driving, and once while stopped. The van sat for the = weekend and then on my why home, it gradually lost power and died on the side of = the road. I had it towed to a local garage and they determined it was a = faulty distributor, so they replaced it, and the van STILL wouldn't run right. = It would blow black smoke and run very rough, and somedays not even start. They = worked with it for a few weeks and couldn't find the problem. (they were not a = "vw" shop, but they were close to my house, and an honest shop) they gave me = the option of towing the car to where ever I wanted, and not charging me for = any of the work they had done (feeling bad about not being able to repair the = van). So, I had it towed to a local VW dealer, where they determined the "new" = distributor was also bad, so it was replaced. But, my poor van would STILL not run = right. It was still lacking power and stalling, so they checked it over and = suggested maybe it was the O2 sensor, or Air Flow Sensor. I ran low on money, so I = was unable to have them replace the pricey O2 sensor and continue their = diagnosis. I brought my van home, and took out the Air Flow Sensor and cleaned it and = checked it over, it appears to be working. I also ordered a new O2 sensor from = The Bus Depot, and am awaiting it's arrival. Does anyone have any more = suggestions on what the problem may be?  PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. before the changing of the plugs, wires, dist. = cap, rotor, and a state inspection, the van was running great.
~Jeremy Sager