Yesterday I had the chance to meet with Vanagon List = locksmith Steve Sandlin.  I had bought already several keys from = him and had my Syncro gas cap rebuild.  He always did excellent = work and had a very fast turnaround.

A few weeks ago we discovered that we both have a = background in Radio and that we both go to the NAB (National = Association of Broadcasters) convention in Las Vegas this week.  = So we met for lunch yesterday.  We had burgers at The Dive, a = pretty funky restaurant on The Strip that looks like a submarine on the = inside.  Of course we talked lots of Vangonese, about '84 = Woflsburg Westys and '90 Syncro Westys, about the Texas way of camping = (take on big generator on a trailer and several portable AC units that = you distribute on the participating campers - very interesting = approach), about Radio and Sound and DJ's, about engine swaps and = busted head gaskets...you get the picture.

I think I'm writing this to encourage everybody to = meet some other list members.  During the year I've been on the = list I must have met 20-30 of you and it's been always a = pleasure.  So go ahead, get to know the face behind that email = address :-)

Cheers,
Peter