Ron & Tom (List admins):

Is there a way that Gerry can be upgraded to be able = to parse html-based e-mails for the digests?  With the = proliferation of html-based e-mail clients (they are quickly becoming = the rule rather than the exception), this is going to be a bigger and = bigger problem for digest subscribers.

I am not a digest subscriber, but I have the = ill-fortune of causing those who are a lot of angst.  The reason = is that I use Outlook 2000 at my office, and there is NO WAY (trust me = folks, I know what I am talking about) to *completely* turn off html = e-mail.   If I reply to someone that posts in html, Outlook = AUTOMATICALLY replies in html, even though I manually set the format to = "Plain Text" each time (a PITA).

As more and more List members "upgrade" (no = flames please) to Office 2000, and new versions of Outlook Express, = Eudora, etc. I think this is going to become more of a = problem.

Please don't p-mail me suggestions about how to = change my settings in Outlook (been there done that) unless you were = one of the programmers on the product.  (I have been through to = Level III support with no success).

Just curious to know if there was a server-based = solution to this issue.

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA