At 09:06 AM 4/13/00 -0700, BRENT CHRISTENSEN wrote:

Ron & Tom (List admins):

Is there a way that Gerry can be upgraded to be able to parse html-based e-mails for the digests?  With the proliferation of html-based e-mail clients (they are quickly becoming the rule rather than the exception), this is going to be a bigger and bigger problem for digest subscribers.

I am not a digest subscriber, but I have the ill-fortune of causing those who are a lot of angst.  The reason is that I use Outlook 2000 at my office, and there is NO WAY (trust me folks, I know what I am talking about) to *completely* turn off html e-mail.   If I reply to someone that posts in html, Outlook AUTOMATICALLY replies in html, even though I manually set the format to "Plain Text" each time (a PITA).

As more and more List members "upgrade" (no flames please) to Office 2000, and new versions of Outlook Express, Eudora, etc. I think this is going to become more of a problem.

In my own "world" (you know, the one where I'm king, Chevy drivers clean my pool, Dodge drivers clean my house and Ford drivers are forced to clean the garbage pails..) the perfect solution would be to force everyone to run PINE (Pine Is Not ELM) (gotta love double recursive acronyms).

Is it friday yet?

Chris Smith
Me
them