Dear Listmembers,

    I'm now an = alumnus. Sold my 1991 Carat to Jim and Jean from San Francisco. They left yesterday on = their way back west. I of course told them about the List. A must read if you're a = Vanagon owner. I just wanted to thank everyone. It was a pleasure and privilege = to be a member of this "community." I've been an everyday reader and occasional contributor ever since June 1996 when I was about to chuck my vehicle = (in disgust) after a second blown engine. Joel Walker was kind enough to = explain the Vanagon Facts of Life to me. A new engine and careful adherence to his straightforward suggestions have resulted in a pretty good Vanagon = experience over the last four years.

    Selling the Carat = on eBay went flawlessly. I can recommend it (I own no eBay stock!) It sold for $5350.00.  If my Homestead page is still up see the vehicle at www.philiprh= anlon.homestead.com/vanagon.html.

    My compliments = also to Ron at The Bus Depot. I retired as a satisfied customer of the Bus Depot. I = bought a 1999 Passat GLS V6. Perhaps if driving becomes too predictable and = trouble free, I'll feel the need to buy another van and rejoin this "family." If so, I = pray that I'll be able to afford one of the new, but outrageously expensive, Eurovans.

Sincerely,

Philip R. Hanlon

Mobile, AL