Brent, in our Westfalia we store the front table top in the back of the van. We stand it on its end, flat against the cloths hanging closet, squeezed down between the bed mattress pad and the cabinet wall and just between the seat back and the cabinet wall. Oh, and have the metal base away from the cabinet. The table never budges, makes no noises or marks and is relatively easy to extract and reinstall.
-Larry

BRENT CHRISTENSEN wrote:

I tried this after David's post, and I have noticed that it bangs around when I stop and accelerate.