Hi
In our two = westy's, we store the front table in the hanging clothes closet held to the side with a = small bungy.  It takes up very little room.  I also drilled a hole = in the post of the back table, where the table is stored over the = cabinets.  When the hold down screw is tight, it keeps the table from swinging out when = you go around corners.  Seems to work great.

John Andrew 1980 (Toffee Pop) and 1984 (Schmoo) Westy's
-----Original = Message-----
From: Lawrence Johnson <larry_avery.johnson@SYMP= ATICO.CA>
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Friday, April 21, 2000 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: To table = or not to table

Brent, in our Westfalia we store the front = table top in the back of the van. We stand it on its end, flat against the = cloths hanging closet, squeezed down between the bed mattress pad and the = cabinet wall and just between the seat back and the cabinet wall. Oh, and = have the metal base away from the cabinet. The table never budges, makes no = noises or marks and is relatively easy to extract and reinstall.
-Larry

BRENT CHRISTENSEN wrote:

I tried this after David's = post, and I have noticed that it bangs around when I stop and accelerate.