> True for organic pads, but Brent was running = metallics, which
> tend to get
> more efficient the hotter they get.  That = is until the brake fluid

That has always been my experience with semi-metallic = pads - they squeal until they are warm, and they brake better when = warm.  Not true with these, to be sure.

I pulled them off and scuffed 'em up real good with = 80 grit, (along with the shoes).  The braking is better, but still = far from inducing much confidence...

What about my question about the porportioning valve = and bleeding; anyone ever fiddle with the "lever" that = Bentley talks about prior to bleeding?  (Says that it is supposed = to be flipped forward before bleeding).  I'm thinking this led to = incomplete bleeding of the system...  ?

I also have to confess that I did not measure how = many cc's of fluid came out of each wheel cylinder as specified by = Bentley.

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA