One further note.  I also found the Fridgemate = fan to be the best of the available fans. and they are available at RV = shops - I found one at a tiny RV store here in Santa Barbara.  = However, I wanted to be able to disable it easily if it was not really = needed.  (i.e. ambient air temp not too high, like at = night).

What I did was wire it through a small switch that I = mounted on the front panel of the fridge (next to another switch that = goes to a CPU fan installed inside the fridge on the evap coil).  = The aux. fan is also wired using an identical thermistor as the = original fan, mounted next to the stock thermistor.  This way, = both fans kick on simultaneously.  However, I can shut off the = aux. fan by flipping the switch - this cuts down on the noise while = sleeping in the lower berth, IMHO).

I will be taking pictures of my set-up and posting to = a web site as soon as I get my digital camera!  :-)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA