So, you are saying that changing the seals in the = master cylinder (i.e. rebuilding the master cylinder) fixed the = problems?  This is my next step towards solving my problems.  =

Not a day goes by without me obsessing about Vanagon = brakes lately...  :-)

Thanks for the post!

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA