Just don't put synthetic oil into it until it is = COMPLETELY broken in.  I made this naive mistake once (when Synth = oils were brand new to the consumer market).  Ended up having to = pull the motor and re-do the rings and cylinders.  (blow-by became = pretty bad from the rings not seating properly)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA