Jeanne,

I replied to you PMail about the = original molded top idea.

I have some new information that may = interest you. I recently went on a trip to Everybus with my luggage rack = loaded 4 or 5 inches above the top and it had a HORRIBLE effect on my top speed.

I mean like it was hard to maintain = 60-65 on level ground.

Adding 4 inches above the rack adds = maybe another square foot of frontal area to the van, at an area that I think already experiences high air pressure because of the inherent aerodynamics of a = Vanagon Westfalia.

I do not know for sure that this was = the problem but I could not rule it out. Of course mine is an Aircooled Vanagon so everything makes a difference.

Good Luck,

Tom