I think the big difference is that with = the Eurovan pull out sprayer, you can easily rinse dishes or actually take a shower = with it and you don't have to run plumbing to the outside of the van.  One = other thing is that the Eurovan has the built in pump switch which most other = faucets don't.  I don't know whether the camping world faucet does or not.

I've found another possibility, = however.  If one is willing, or must, replace the pump with a demand pump, it = might be possible to use any number of faucets or sprayers made for boats = which might even recess into the cabinet.  I have been admiring several = sprayers at www.westmarine.com.  = Since I want to have hot water and was thinking of replacing the pump = anyway, this doesn't look so bad.  The problem I see with = replacing the pump, though, is that it will take away storage above the water = tank.  I don't know if there is a demand pump that doesn't need to sit = right on top of the tank.

Jeanne
----- Original Message -----
From: BRENT CHRISTENSEN
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 = 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: eurovan westfalia faucet

I just ordered a ShurFlo faucet from Camping World = for $29.99 plus $1 for shipping.  It doesn't have the nifty pull-out handle = like the Eurovan one, but at about 10% of the price, it may be another option = worth considering.

The camping world part number is 12036 and the = description is "Electric 12v Water Faucet"

NOTE: I have not actually seen the faucet, as it was = recommended by another list member (who's opinion I trust), but = according to said list member:

>The head swivels 360 degrees and the =
> whole thing pivots up and down. The on/off knob has a = thumb bump that
> allows slippery hands to operate = it easily. You can turn it on just a
> little when = you don't need full blast. If you saw one in a Westy you
> would want one for sure. I have put them in friends after =
> they see mine.

Another caveat - I may have the part number wrong, = since I was relying on the telephone sales person at Camping World;  but I = figure with $1 shipping, if its wrong, I'll just send it back!  = :-)  Also, it requires fabrication of a large washer since the Westy sink opening = is larger than the faucet's base.

Brent Christensen
'89 GL = Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA