I have = an 82 Diesel that just cranks and cranks and cranks, but won't catch and start. This = has happened on and off until today, when it simply didn't start and just = kept cranking. Now, my battery [which was purchased new 2 weeks ago...] is = low from all the cranking, and I really can't get the van to start. Doesn't = matter if I pull out the cold start knob, or if I leave it in. I try to keep the = pumping of the gas pedal to a minimum, but still, nothing.

With = this limited description of the problem, anyone want to take a stab at what might be happening?

Thanks.

Bill