Mine usually never gets that bad, since I try to hit = it with a 20% solution of Simple Green after each camping trip.  = (This is the key).     If it gets real funky (i.e. = if I was too lazy to clean it well last time) I use a 10% solution of = Clorox and water after removing the gunk and fuzz with Simple Green and = a sponge.  Then I air-dry for a day or so, and voila!  fresh = as a daisy.

One area not to neglect is the cooling fins of the = evaporator unit - they can harbor some nasty critters, and can be tough = to clean.  Also, don't miss the door seals.

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA