I have always wondered about the accuracy of the = Vanagon speedo regardless of tires, so when I passed one of those = portable radar wagons that the police use to display your speed (as a = warning) I had to turn around and drive past it a few times.

I ran past it 4 or 5 times at speeds of between 25 = and 45 mph, with no other cars aroun d.  In each case, my = indicated speed on the radar wagon display matched my speedo within 1 = mph or so.  I am running the 27" BFG tires, so I was = surprised by this.

Anyone have any hard or anecdotal data that refutes = this finding?  Anyone have any comments on the accuracy of the = police radar?  (I assume that with such a large frontal area the = Vanagon produces a pretty clear radar image)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA