After only 151,000 miles and ten years of locking/unlocking, my power door = locks will not quit cycling until I shut the door(s); and then they almost a= lways stop in the locked mode. All doors and hatch work and lock/unlock prop= erly except for the continued cycling at the doors. A trip to my VW mechanic= (since 1963), shopowner friend yielded zilch.  After helping him push = around a Honda and a Subaru  (his partner is semi-retired and off to gu= n shows) I was paid with a copy of the wiring diagrams off his diagnostics c= omputer. He has not experienced such a malfunction and before I delve into t= he unknown behind the door panels I thought I might tap this wealth of knowl= edge and experience that I have most recently stumbled upon.  Ideas?
One other problem and I promise I'll stop writing and just read like I've b= een doing for this, my first week on the list... .  Occasionally, my au= tomatic transmission slips on any given morning (doesn't appear to be weathe= r related...no consistancy anway). It slips for only the first few feet/yard= s and it always stops slipping and does not slip again after the first time.= The last time in the above shop the wonderful, experienced and all 'round g= ood guy mechanic gave a look at it, found nothing amiss...as I said it is in= termittent.
Again...any ideas?

Stephan Steele
Chillicothe, Ohio
'91 Caravelle GL: Hans the fun bus will run at 75 mph all day @18mpg
'92 Jetta GL: son #1 won't let me drive it
'68 Karmann Ghia: son #2's project car