IMHO, if you are getting anywhere between 15 and 20 = mpg your are in the ball park.  I think that there is so much = variability with our vehicles that coming up with an apples-to-apples = comparison (especially based on the anecdotal information on the list) = is next to impossible.  Things that seem to be = variables:

1. Tire size
2. Speedo accuracy
3. Engine type
4. Westy, MV, or 7 pax
5. Syncro or non-Syncro
6. Auto or manual trans
7. FI system used
8. Airhead or wasserboxer
9. Climatic conditions (i.e. Denver vs. = Orlando)
And Number Ten.... - whether or not people actually = can check their gas mileage accurately, since it depends on filling the = gas tank up to the same level each time.  (Difficult at best in a = Syncro)

For example, I know that at some gas stations, I get = a "fuller" fill than at others.  Consequently, one might = be led to believe that "Wow, I get better gas mileage with brand = "X" gasoline..."

If you are going to do a comparison, ask for data = from people that are running the same tires, same engine and trans = combo, and same body configuration (i.e. Westy)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA