In the first place, platinum is used as an inert and durable tip material in = those high quality plugs that carry that designation, not only Bosch does it = but other brands have now picked up on it. The copper mentioned  in = spark plugs is used as a core conductor,  and it is a very good one.  To = compare copper core  plugs with platinum tipped ones is  of no = value.  Maybe the platinum tipped one has a copper core as well.  NGK = pioneered the copper core,  others have now followed suit.  Bosch pioneered = the platinum tipped plug, and the others have followed suit as well.  = This so called engineering explanation that must be written in some  sort = of prose   so very obviously lacks merit that  it is = razzel-dazzel in it's purest form.  And to say the others are pulling our leg in = their advertising because they claim platinum outlasts  iron is = crazy.  Who would argue that iron is as durable as platinum?  Well I suppose = the guy that has to  razzel-dazzel   his = explanations.    Platinum plugs last longer, they run cleaner, and the  perform = better overall because of these reasons.
   Jeff / Florida