Kirk:

While it is a different sort of cooling, I can tell = you that when properly charged and working, Westy A/C is quite = effective.  Last July we found ourselves stuck in a traffic = snarl-up (thanks to CalTrans) at high noon in the area around Modesto, = CA.  (The Central Valley).  It was about 95 degrees outside, = and we traveled at no more than about 10 mph for a good hour or = so.  I had the A/C on full blast the whole time, and it kept us = very comfortable. and comfortable as long as the sun wasn't shining = directly on a body part.

While we missed the direct blast of cold air in the = face that you can get from dash-mounted registers, we were reminded of = how effective the A/C was the instant we pulled over for a bio-break = and stepped outside the car into the searing heat.  Also, my = 2-year old daughter in the back seat was complaining that it was too = cold. (!)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA